Table of Contents
About the Igbo Masquerade
The new Yam festivals and masquerades are two of the various celebrations and cultural events held in Igboland.
In accordance with the native calendars of the community, masquerades (Mmanwu) are held at festivals, annual celebrations, funeral rites, and other social occasions. The masquerades are dressed in vibrant gowns and cloth or wood masks. While the majority of masks occur at several or all festivals, some only appear at one. Masquerades are linked to supernatural components because, in Igbo religion, they represent gods or, occasionally, even deceased relatives. The masquerade’s identity is kept a secret, and only men take part in it.
In the past, masquerades were largely employed as law enforcement personnel and were seen as a means of preserving peace and order.
BEST OF Igbo Masquerade Songs
Are you looking for Igbo Masquerade Songs ? Below are best collection of Igbo Masquerade Songs you can download.
1. Ajofia Nnewi, Igbo Celebrity Masquerade Song – Mawalu m Oji
2. African igbo Masquerade – Umuanu Amaukwu Obollo
3. Igbo Masquerades – Igbo Masquerades Part 1
4. Igbo Masquerade Music – Igbo Masquerade Music
5. Otigba Umunoha – Original Masquerade Song of the 1980s Part 1
6. Dr Chief Coachila Nwa Uwalaka – Great Masquerade song
7. Igbo masquerade – Ajọfia Nnewi
8. The best Igbo Masquerade song by Ebube IzIzu-ogu